Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Hetero, I Swear

Only the most awesome of guys need a really long-winded disclaimer to explain matters before finally getting to the point, so here you go:

There's really no other way to put this: this is going to come off a little gay.  Not gay as in lame.  More like two cowboys sharing a tent and not knowing how to quit each other.  That kind of gay.  But I assure you, it's not.  And I'm not trying to be homophobic.  I've got nothing against the gay community.  I mean, sure, I doubt very much that I'd be comfortable watching two guys making out in front of me, but the same is probably true for watching a dude and a chick make out.  My awkwardness is equal opportunity.  Two ladies making out?  Well, my unbiased nature can only go so far...

Actually, I'm kind of confused about the term homophobic.  A phobia is a fear, right?  But generally, isn't homophobia used more to describe intolerance?  Because usually homophobia has more to do with hate than it does fear, right?  Like, people don't jump up on chairs and scream when they see a gay dude like they might if they saw a mouse or a spider.  No, they just call them a fag and high five the nearest guy wearing the same Ed Hardy t-shirt as them.  Not really a phobia, just kind of douchey.  I'm officially adding homophobia to the list of terms that get misused.

Wait, what were we talking about again?  Oh, right, I was about to re-introduce you to a subject very near and dear to my heart:

The Man Crush.

I have many of them.  Maybe a few too many.  But, remember folks, there's nothing gay about this.  A man crush is not a physical attraction.  It's having the utmost respect and admiration for another dude.  It's all about awesomeness.  God-like basketball skills, a penchant for making awesome movies, hilarious interviews on talk shows.  Sure, a lot of this applies to sports and Hollywood, and often times a celebrity's persona can be carefully crafted and manipulated by their agents and the media.  But I don't care.  The mighty Man Crush lives on in spite of this.

And as such, over the next few weeks I am going to reveal to you my definitive list.  The Top 25 Hetero Man Crushes.  Feel free to move to the edge of your seat... now.

No comments:

Post a Comment