Friday, April 26, 2013

Man Crush Revisited: 25 to 21

#25 Robert Downey Jr. 
Previously ranked: #13
 
A fairly large drop, but still in the Top 25. And it's clips like this (sorry about the swearing) that do it for me. Just a great sense of humour about himself.



#24 Will Arnett
Previously ranked: #19
 
His post Arrested Development career hasn't been great, but a new season is coming at the end of May, so even though he's clinging to life on the list right now, he might have skyrocketed up into the low teens the next time I revisit this thing.



#23 Nick Offerman
New Entry

Obviously without the greatness of his Ron Swanson character on Parks and Recreation, I probably wouldn't even know who Offerman is. But still, it's a pretty great character, and one that might be enough to get him on this list from that greatness alone. On top of all that, the small amount I've seen of him outside of the show, not only suggests that the man and the character might not be so different from one another, but between some solid appearances on the Carolla podcast and two of the better Reddit AMA's that I've seen, he has definitely earned his place here on the list for more than just Parks and Rec.



#22 Joel McHale 
New Entry

Again, the assumption here is that my love of Joel McHale stems entirely from my love of Community. And while that is mostly true, McHale has been on my radar for slightly longer than that. I used to enjoy The Soup on a fairly regular basis. And again, his appearances on the Carolla and Nerdist podcasts have pretty much cemented the fact that he's a pretty awesome dude in 'real' life as well.



#21 Conan O'Brien 
Previously ranked: #15

Conan makes me laugh almost every time I watch something of his. So, why don't I watch his late night show then? I don't know. I used to. But for some reason, I just don't anymore. I still love the man, but if I can't summon enough interest to watch him on a nightly (or even semi-regular) basis, I can't help but have him slip a bit on this list as well. Super solid to follow on Twitter though. One of the best.

1 comment:

  1. Offerman is a great entry, frankly, he could probably stand to be higher I think.

    The two top comments for the Ron Swanson clip are really good.

    ReplyDelete