Friday, July 13, 2012

People That I Can't Hang Out With (Part II)

From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 4:52pm
To: Travis
Subject: Presentation

I need a picture that will fit on a screen that will play during the event. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Your Co-Worker



From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 4:53pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Presentation

Which picture do you need? Can you send it to me? What event is this for, and when does it need to be done by? What sort of screen will it play on, standard or high definition, widescreen or 4x3?

-Travis-



From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 4:55pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Presentation

Yes. Thanks



From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 4:56pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Hey, sorry for the confusion, but you didn't really answer my questions there...



From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 4:59pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Haha. Oops! I need a picture that will fit on a screen to play during the event. Hope that's a little more clear. Thanks



From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 5:00pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Hey, I sort of work on stuff for every department, so I'm not really familiar with the specific project that you're working on right now. I understand that it's what you're living and breathing every second right now, but I honestly have no idea what this is even for, so I can't really figure out what pictures you need and where to find them. Just a little clarification would be great. Thanks



From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 5:05pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Look, no need to be rude. You could have just asked. I'm sorry that your SO busy that you can't be bothered with my "stupid project" when you have SO much more important stuff to be working on. I'll just try to do it myself.



From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 5:06pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. I just needed a little more information. Please just forward me the picture, tell me what kind of background you want it on, and what dimensions it will be played at, and I'll get it to you as soon as possible.



From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 5:10pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Thanks

[attachment_20x20_pixels.jpg]




From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 5:11pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Hey, do you have a better resolution picture? The one you attached was pretty low res and would look horrible blown up to fill a screen during a video presentation. Also, are there any other elements to this video, or just the picture? How long does it play for? Do you need it as a digital file on a USB stick, or as rendered video on a DVD or Blu-Ray?



From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 5:15pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Yes 

[attachment_40x40_pixels.jpg]




From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 5:25pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Ok, I guess that will have to do. It's still pretty low res, but I did my best to make it look decent scaled up to video resolution. Based on the information given, here's what I was able to put together.

[attachment_video_proof.mov]




From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 5:27pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Why is the video only 10 seconds long? It needs to fill a 5 minute presentation.  And I needed it on a blue background with the company logo in the bottom left corner. Where is the music I requested to have playing?



From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 5:28pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Sorry, I'll make that background change. As for music, I don't think I recieved a request for that, but if you let me know which song, I can easily add it. As for the length, a single image on screen for 5 minutes is a little tedious. If you have other images, I can add them to the video to extend the length.



From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 5:30pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

I don't have any, why don't you just find some for me? 100 or so should make for a better video, thanks for that advice. By the way, this video is going to play for the CEO of the company in 15 minutes.



From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 5:41pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

I can't believe I was able to actually meet that deadline… that's the fastest I've ever worked in my life. Here's the video. Good luck on the presentation!

[attachment_video_final.mov]




From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 5:42pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

That's it?  I mean, I was kind of hoping for something that looked like the opening credits sequence from that show I saw on TV that one time.



From: Travis
Date: July 13, 2012 5:43pm
To: Random Co-Worker
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Sorry, that type of work takes days/weeks/months to complete. Honestly, that's the best I could do in the timelines given, and with no real direction. Plus, it actually ended up being a pretty good video, if I do say so myself, and all things considered…



From: Random Co-Worker
Date: July 13, 2012 5:44pm
To: Travis
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Presentation

Nah, I don't like it. I'll figure something else out. Maybe a powerpoint slide with a bunch of MS Word clip art scattered at random on the screen. Ya. That'll have to do. Thanks for nothing



And that's why, Co-Worker-that-never-answers-all-the-questions-you-have-for-them-in-an-email-but-still-expects-everything-done-a-very-specific-way, you are a person that I can never hang out with.

2 comments:

  1. This is still my favorite blog post, but this one is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of awesome TV show themes I think of http://youtu.be/P5xc9VxXNq0
    But hey, United States of Tara? That was pretty lame. No wonder he went with clipart. :)
    I've totally had clients and coworkers like that. They're worth ignoring always.

    ReplyDelete